Because Pangaea Plants is located in the pristine Blue Ridge Mountains of Old Fort and Lake Lure, Google Maps and other GPS services have a hard time getting you here correctly! There is limited cell reception near the farm, so our best recommendation is for visitors to save or print the directions below before you set out. Please allow 1 hour if you are coming from downtown Asheville!
Please call ahead of time to schedule an appointment - 828-778-4223
P.O. Box 1498
Black Mountain NC 28711
Directions to the farm at 1235 Conner Rd, Lake Lure, NC from I-40:
- Head east from Asheville. Take exit 73 for Old Fort.
- Turn south on Bat Cave Road/Old Fort Road. From Asheville, that is a right turn off the ramp, towards McDonald’s.
- Go about 6 miles and follow signs for Gateway Subdivision.
- There will be a sharp hairpin turn near the Gateway Subdivision. Immediately after that and hidden in the next curve, turn left on Cedar Creek Road. Follow signs for Rumbling Bald and Cedar Creek Subdivision now.
- Go another 6 miles. The top of Cedar Creek Road is not paved for half a mile AND there is no street sign.
- Turn left on Conner Road. It is the only real road that comes in on the left and is in a wide open intersection. The street name is on the right hidden in the weeds. If you miss this turn, you will know because the road starts going uphill for the first time.
- The farm is on the right after a few hundred feet.
- Please park immediately and do not go down further.
- Please call if you have trouble finding us and require assistance, but remember that cell service is spotty in this area!